At Totera Fine Foods, we want our customers to get the best taste from their meat. Try these tips to take your cooking to the next level:
- Heat is an essential part of meat preparation. The heat source temperature should correlate to the thickness of your meat. Thicker cuts require less heat, as they need time to cook through. Therefore it is essential that you are familiar with your pan or grill’s cool and hot spots before you begin cooking.
- Always let your meat rest for a few minutes after cooking. This will allow the juices to be reabsorbed into the meat.
- Invest in a quality meat thermometer. An excellent cooking tool to help assist in meat readiness. A thermometer should only be left in a few seconds when using.
- When cooking with naturally-raised meat for the first time, use light seasoning. Over seasoning can overwhelm the natural nuttiness and gamey flavour of this meat.
- Oil your grill before placing chicken and other lean meats on it. Use oil with a light taste and a high smoke point to keep your meat from absorbing unpleasant flavors.
If you would like to learn more about cooking meats, visit our store and speak with our friendly staff. We always have great tips that we enjoy sharing with our customers.